Sunday, April 1, 2012

New stuff

We've had a pretty great March! Here is the low down.....
We started off the month celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday, because I love me some Dr. Seuss:) We had green eggs and ham.  Well, I didn't have any ham so we had green eggs and pancakes:) Mina was NOT a fan!
 The boys didn't seem to mind:)
Although everyday for a week they said "don't make green eggs, mom!" Here I was thinking I was being a cool mom;) We also did a "thing" craft

and some "one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish" jello;)
Everyone liked that:)
Our Big Boy finally got a big boy bed! Before:
After:
He really likes it:) And he's so cute and proud!
I'm not holding my breath on the next big step...big boy potty!
Magdalena started using her Bumbo seat too! I think she likes it:)
Magdalena started rolling over too!
Almost there.....
Success!
 Max has been enjoying his Karate.
And we have been enjoying our baby girl:)
I think our horsey is at capacity!
Papa paid a visit to his fan club:)
We started a little Easter countdown this week:) We read some scripture surrounding Holy week, discuss it,  and -of course- the kids get to open an egg with candy in it;)
John and Lena enjoyed some tummy time
and today we dyed some Easter eggs! The kids were pretty excited:)
In true Gaitan fashion, we got Easter egg tattoos!:)

I was taking a picture of Mina tattooing her egg and I managed to catch Max squirting vinegar in his eye

Magnus got a little tired toward the end.

But he perked up a little later:)
Almost done.
We horsed around waiting for the eggs to dry:)
This picture made me remember this
Aww, baby bee:) John spent some time with Magdalena too:)
After the eggs were dry it was time to put on the tattoos!
They sucked!
That's John's "really" face:) The tattoos totally didn't work at all:( The cousins would appreciate Max's response.
So we took matters into our own hands and got some sharpies and drew on them:)
 John's creation
a "Slayer" Easter egg. How appropriate.
The kids did pretty well too
I'm not sure if Magnus made this egg or not but he sure likes it:)
Then we had a nice Skype session with Poppi:)
It was a month of so many new things! Now onto another!


2 comments:

Valerie said...

The boys like Magnus' new bed and are impressed that Max is doing karate! We bought that same Easter egg kit! Thanks for the heads up on the suckage! Love y'all and miss you!

Addie said...

I love your updates! Fun Dr. Seuss stuff too!