Friday, November 12, 2010

In Honor

This post is in honor and memory of a wonderful lady I had the pleasure of knowing for the past decade or so. I really only knew her as Grandma and she was just that. From day one I felt like she was my grandmother. She was always so welcoming and had such a servant's heart. I truly loved her, as did everyone who knew her.

The services were full of people who's lives she's touched. The Rosery service was held at the chapel of the funeral home.
Some of the lovely flowers...
 
The funeral was the next morning at the beautiful Catholic church that she attended.

 The handsome Pallbearer.

 The kids were a good support.


There was a nice reception at the church later.

While we were in town for the funeral Magnus got to meet Poppi for the first time!

I think the feeling was mutual:)

We also got a chance to get away and unwind a little bit. While doing so, I got to meet our godson for the first time!

Issac is so cute! He and Magnus had a good time :-)

We went to "Boomers" and played miniature golf...

 and some arcade games!
Max LOVED it! He kept asking everyone "what was your favorite part of Boomers?!" it was so cute:) And I turned my back for 30 seconds and look what happens!

We had an emotional but lovely time. We love you so much Grandma, and we miss having you with us now, but look forward to seeing you in Heaven:)
 

2 comments:

Mamas said...

So sorry! What a blessing to have that time with your family though!

Smile said...

Just read this post :( Sorry about Grandma -- reminds me of when I lost mine while we were at Disneyland. There's nobody sweeter than a grandma...