Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgivingness

So here it is! Our Thanksgiving in all its glory! We have to back up a little first. It's our tradition to go over to Grandma's house Wednesday night to "inject"/marinate the turkey for the festivities the next day:)

John enjoys this part a little too much I think:)

and then he gets a little crazy!

What were the kids doing during all this you ask? Why sledding of course!

Super fun!

I think Magnus liked Grandma better than the snow:)

And Grandma always likes to spoil these kids with a fun food related (the best kind for them:) craft. Usually it's a gingerbread house, but this year we tried something new.

Oooo, I like this much better!

The kids had so much fun!

It was so much easier to do than the gingerbread house. Not only that but rice crispy treats are super yummy!

Magnus agrees!

And let's see you do this with a gingerbread house!
The next morning it was snowing! And after shoveling our Mountian, I mean, driveway, we headed back over for the feast armed with mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie! First order of duty?
More sledding! I got a chance to do it this time! and so did Magnus:) Again, I think he liked Grandma more than sledding:) Alyssa got some great pictures I'll post when I get them:)

After the oil is nice and hot, it's time to insert the bird! Let the ceremony begin!

Now, we wait. There is always some goofing around while we wait:)
 and some good stuff too
and some manly stuff:)
Is it that time already?



Yikes! I think it's done:)
It was actually very juicy and perfectly cooked on the inside
Everything looks great!
Let's eat!
Everything was SOOOO yummy! Ok, your eating a little too enthusiastically, guys!
and Grandma always has special cupcakes for the kids (I did mention the spoiling earlier, right?).
Another tradition is John and Alyssa breaking the wishbone.
John always wins:) And the kids didn't even make it home before crashing:)
Magnus was napping when the older kids ate their cupcakes so Grandma, of course, sent his home with us:)
um....he liked it
Nuff said

Then we all relaxed and watched Frosty the Snowman:)
As you can see I have SO very much to be thankful for! I love my family so much, both far and near!
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!!

1 comment:

Smile said...

REALLY CUTE and so much fun, Ande :) I can't believe the end of 2010 is already coming! Your pictures always make me miss y'all.

(I do remember that awesome mohawk hat you made a few years ago. I don't remember, however, where Livi found hers. It's supposed to be for youth/adults, but that's okay.)