Friday, September 4, 2009

Friends and Family

Well, We have a great start to a long weekend:) Thursday for playgroup the kids and I went to a new (well new for us) coffee shop called "The Village Bean" in Country Village. They had treats for mom AND kids, good coffee and TONS of toys and activities for the kids:) We were there for at least two hours and the kids cried when we had to leave:) We had a really good time, I even got to knit some! I think our playgroup will be meeting there regularly:)
My folks came into town last night and today we went to EMP! I think it's the first time that Max enjoyed something that Mina didn't:) We were there about 2 min when she announced she was ready to leave:) She warmed up to it though:) We got a cute family picture by the cool guitar sculpture! Max LOVED everything. Especially the interactive exhibits:)Well everybody loved the interactive exhibits:)And the family jam sessionI think the kids favorite was the Sci-Fi museum!:) (no photography allowed, so no pics:( It was a really cool exhibit! Max liked all the "robots". After EMP we had a wonderful lunch at one of our favorite places, Dukes chowder house! Yummy!!
We were going to go to the fair tomorrow but I think it's going to rain:( Oh well, Movies and popcorn I guess:)

4 comments:

Jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah H said...

Your daughter is so stinkin' cute with her new haircut. :)

And we definitely should go back to that coffee shop - that was GREAT.

Rene' said...

Looks like a great start to the weekend!! Have a lot of FUN! I just finished baking 6 dozen cookies, 3 different kinds. My back is killing me. ;o)

Heather said...

I clicked on your pics to enlarge them, in the hopes of seeing your belly... but Arghhhh, it was hidden by Mina! : ) But your face looks beautiful and you're completely glowing! Or maybe that's just the lights at EMP. Who knows? heehee

Right on for Max liking EMP! Looks like fun. And the Village Bean sounds like a surprisingly cool coffee shop!