Friday, December 17, 2010

Crazy Train

This week for community group we had a good ol fashioned white elephant gift exchange and ugly Christmas sweater shindig:) The Players:
Gerlachs, hosts extraordinaire:
 and kinda shifty
 The Hanns, leaders and proud new parents!
 Magnus found a new love;)

The Griffins, I'm not sure what to say here:
 The Hansens, I'm REALLY not sure what to say here!
The Fleshmans (pay no mind to the photo bombs in the background). They didn't know it was ugly sweater night, this is how they always roll:
 And these two need no introduction:
 And here's the whole group. The whole freaky bunch of us!
 I kid you not, after this photo was taken Addie said "now are we going to take a silly one?"! Bahahahahaha! 

I love our group!
 Bill couldn't wait to try out his white elephant gift!
Don't ask.


Now I realize that I never told you what happened on the Santa train, and I know inquiring minds want to know.........The pictures might look OK but it was just a big disappointment:( the train was fun
The "conductor" lead some Christmas carols.
Then we stood in a line outside to meet Santa,
 who was cute, but really, do we need to go out of our way to find Santa? And the weather was HORRIBLE! Sideways rain horrible. So the only other thing we saw was the inside of the refreshment cart that had Coffee (it wasn't horrible), hot cocoa, and really cheap, day old, store bought cookies:( Now maybe we would've gotten out and explored a little more if the weather was better but I don't think we will ever find out. For now the lights of Christmas will remain our family Christmas outing:) What about you? What family traditions do you have? If I may though,  I would suggest you skip the Santa train:)

1 comment:

Addie said...

oh my goodness, our community group is crazy! Thanks for posting these pics. Love it!