Sunday, January 30, 2011

The big ONE!

Yup, remember this?
 Well now it's turned into this!

My once little baby

is now ONE!

Oh my! When (and how) did this happen?! In celebration, Magnus and his birthday buddy Wesley had a little joint celebration:) Wesley's mommy (Addie) had the great idea of a "potato head" themed party! (she's a clever one) and she graciously offered to host the whole affair! The cast of characters:
Wesley, of course

and Magnus.  It wouldn't be a party without him (he had just woken up from a nap).

We had a potato puppet making station
and a spirited round of "hot potato."

There was a baked potato bar, tater tots, potato chips and meatballs (I know the meatballs may seem a bit out of place but it's a long story) OK it's not a long story, my crazy kids like to call sweet Wesley "oval head" which (I think) is what made Addie come up with the "potato head" theme for the party. And they call Magnus "meatball head" so there, that's is why we had meatballs at the party:) He does kinda have a meatball head:)
Pretty miss Mikaelin was there:)

They got some fun gifts!

Addie made an adorable "potato head" cake (thankfully it was NOT made out of potatoes:)

and I made some "potato" ice cream treats:)

it was a hit!

Magnus especially liked the cake:)

OK, well, he liked it all:)

a LOT!:)


Then Magnus really got the party started!
Thank you so much to our dear friends for making our day special!  And especially thanks to Addie for putting it all together and to Wesley for being born.
 

6 comments:

Heather said...

Ahhh, I can't believe he's ONE!!!! Where has the time gone?? And that reminds me - I need to see you guys ASAP! Ugh. I hate living so far south!

The potato head theme was awesome! Love it. Good job to you and Addie! The shirts were too cute.

Unknown said...

I'm about 99.9% sure that the first picture in this post is of Mina. Check the date on it. I know they looked alike, but I'm sure that's her.

Ande said...

Your 99.9% wrong:) I know it's crazy how much they looked alike as babies (even now) but that is indeed Magnus:)

Smile said...

Yes, those tater head shirts are too cute!

Mamas said...

So cute, he definitely looks like a little Mina. Love it! Love the potatoes!

Addie said...

I LOVE the last picture of the boys sitting next to each other. That was an awesome party! Thanks for being such an awesome friend Ande!