Friday, July 24, 2009

Before and After

First of all I have to post this adorable picture of Max with his best bud Caleb. Caleb got a new "Max haircut" aren't they just the cutest! I mean *cough* manliest:)-Please ignore that Max has on a pink Ariel swim diaper under his fierce skull and crossbones swim trunks- Hey he's secure with his masculinity:)
Well Thursday my friend Rene' and I made some jam! I would say we used our yummy berries we had just picked, but... we decided to get some strawberries at Costco and use those!! It worked out great! It was really easy and fun, and one container made like 20 cups of jam!
First you moosh it all upyummy goodness
here is Rene' "stirring constantly!" Go Rene'!and here I am filling up my jars:)Goooooood stuff! I made half with the "low sugar" pectin and half regular. I have to say I like the low sugar MUCH better. The other is SOOOO sweet. Although the low sugar isn't quite as gelatinous, but that's OK:) BeforeAfterI had a lot of fun Rene'! Thanks for letting me come mess up your kitchen:) We should do this every year:)
Today we had family day outside:) Here the cute honey's getting ready.My friend Kathy let me come dig up some of her raspberry plants, so I worked on getting those planted. BeforeAfter. I have to admit, it looks kinda sad! John says it looks like she-ot, and I have to agree. I guess I planted them too far apart. I'm hoping that it will fill in some, but I don't want to look at that for another year! I also don't want to replant them. Hmmmm, we'll see what mother nature has in mind:)
What did John do? He tamed the mint!!Mojitos anyone?Also beforeand after. My sad little basil plant I've been trying to grow inside. He just wasn't happy there. I'm hoping this new location will improve his mood a bit.
And lastly, one of our many family traditions (OK, this is the first year but it WILL be a tradition:) Planting pumpkins for Halloween!!
Mina's readyI had to keep Max from eating the seeds!Dig a little hole and drop the seeds inGood job guys!I'll keep you posted on the progress:)
And how do I keep my laundry so fresh?It must be my Pug fabric softener!

4 comments:

Mamas said...

Little G is still using up all Georg's swim diapers (Costco right?!) and he's pretty secure in his masculantity, girly swim diapers, swim wings and all!
Your raspberries should be spaced as it will fill in! They will be shell shock as they're pretty sensetive to being moved, but should come around just fine by next year.

Sarah H said...

Love the matching haircuts! :)

What a great idea to plant pumpkins. I might steal that idea next year. ;)

Heather said...

Things might look sad in your garden now, but they'll grow and fill in! I can't wait to see how your pumpkins do... I started that tradition this year too. : ) The mint looked great!

And I finally announced your blog - sheesh. Took me awhile. Sorry we never got to see you - I wanted to see that growing belly! Maybe when Aidan's feeling back to normal, we'll come up for a visit.

Rene' said...

It was super fun making freezer jam! Would love to make it a tradition. Maybe you will produce enough of your own raspberries too.

I started with the FULL sugar and it is REALLY sweet, I am sure I will agree with you on the low sugar.

(Do my arms really look like that? Yikes! I think I need to pump some iron) ;o)