Friday, July 10, 2009

CHECK IT OUT!!!!

Wow! Whadda ya think of my awesome NEW blog makeover!! My friend Heather over at adventures of Aidanpod did it for me as a birthday gift. Isn't she talented?If you like it, you should go on over to her blog and leave a comment about how great she is:) You could also check out how cute her blog (and adorable little boy Aidan!) are:) Thank you Heather! I LOVE it!! So I've been M.I.A. for a little while and have some catching up to do:) I'll try not to overload you, but no promises:)
My folks were out last weekend for the 4th. We had SO much fun! Friday we went to the Zoo!
We saw the cute penguins...

and cute kids:)And crazy gorillas
all of them!and last time we didn't get to see the "mingos" So we made sure to get there this time.We got up close and personal with the giraffes:)and some other crazy woodland creatures:)We saw a dung beetle in it's natural habitatand caught an elephant taking a bath! That was cool! (no pun intended:)and fed some cute birds!Max really liked itWe also saw a bear taking a napand an orangutan taking a napAND a jaguar, you guessed it....so when we got home Papa and the kids reenacted:)While Mama and I slaved away in the kitchen!The next day was the 4th!We got to use our cute pots that Mina and Max made!
Max took to the sparklers right away!Mina needed a little more convincing. Papa's are good for that:)Max you seem to be having WAY too much fun for a hater:) -please observe my mom in the background plugging her ears!-Now THAT'S more like it! Now there are other things Papa's are good for:)And the BIG finale!Woo Hoo! Actually I think THIS is the finale,Well and this too:)HOMEMADE, vanilla ice cream (so good!) and homemade peach blueberry cobbler!We had such a fun weekend! Thank you Nani and Papa for coming to share it with us!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Woohoo!!! Glad you like it! Love all the zoo pics... especially the dung beetle! heehee And the homemade dessert looks delish!!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Yay! Love the makeover! It suits you!

And I'm still sad about moving so far away from the zoo :( I'll have to just make a LOOONNNG day trip out of it sometime.

Rene' said...

I LOVE it! It really does suit your personality, very F.U.N.! You are SO blessed to have parents that love to travel and spend time with you and your family so often! ;o) That was a funny post!

Brooke said...

Another blog makeover well done by Heather! She's so talented!