Friday, May 14, 2010

Mothers day and all that

So, I better get last weekends post done so I'll be ready to post about all the fun stuff were up to this weekend!:) Well Saturday we had a cozy morning at home
 and then got ready for fight night!

We had A LOT of people here! It was a great night but I was too busy playing the hostess with the mostest to take any more pictures:)

Sunday was a great day. We did our Mothers day tradition of planting the Garden! It was a little chilly outside so the kids put on some hats:)
 Magnus was ready!

Max really wanted a turn with the camera:) Ahh the self portraits:)

Gotta love the shots they get:) So this is what I look like through Max's eyes:)

I got a pretty hanging basket for the back yard

and John got some cool tiki torches

and we got the garden all weeded, tilled, and some fresh compost.

OK so it looks really sad right now with only a tomato, cauliflower and romaine lettuce! But you'll have to envision what it will look like when I find the rest of my vegetables. Red leaf lettuce, zucchini, onion, garlic, maybe some squash. And I like to ask every year.... what do YOU like to grow in YOUR garden? Especially if your local. I like to know what grows well locally and what others have success with:) Thanks for your input!  and what was John up to?

Weed Warrior!  The kids helped me water and plant some flowers out front

Then we had lunch out on the deck:)

 This was my lunch

Yummy:) And John's.....

Dinner outside too!? The weather was too gorgeous!

Yum! Pork tacos and homemade guac! And homemade margaritas too!
and Magnus was introduced to a staple in our household:)
I feel so blessed with my wonderful family!


No comments: