Monday, July 5, 2010

The 4th N' stuff

as I was loading some pictures of this weekend off my iphone, I discovered some cute pics from Forest Park when we went a week or so ago with Mom's group that I never posted! So I'll just take care of that right now:) There is a cute animal farm there so the kids got to pet sheep and goats and cows:)
Max's friend Wesley was there:) (and my friend Addie too:)
then we went up to the splash park! we put the babies on a blanket under the picnic table because that was the only shade around:)
I like to imagine what this converstion was like
"Hey, I like your passy, where'd you get it?" "Yeah, it works pretty good for me, have you checked out those new denim diapers?!"- That's how I think it would go anyways:) Max was having fun as usual:)
This is Max and Ruby (Ruby and Max:) They had so much fun together:)
It was a great day! Before I get to the 4th I have to cover the N' stuff:) Saturday night we had people over to watch the fight! We slaved away all day getting ready:)

We grilled some burgers and brats and John made some yummy cocktails!
That's how he rolls
Magnus was happy to see Aunt Bop:)
and Caleb *ahem* I mean "Ironman" was happy to play with Max, I mean "Bumblebee" again
We kept it pretty low key this time
but it was a great night, even if Brock Lesnar won!
Now on to the 4th of July festivites!! After church we went to a firework stand that we heard of through church. The proceeds went to support adoption:) The boys had fun picking out stuff
Well, so did Mina:)
Magnus had fun too (his first firework stand!)
We got quite the loot!
That afternoon we popped some popcorn, and watched "James and the Giant Peach" to pass the time. Mina had a better idea
Max soon followed, only with much more style
later Mina read to Magnus while I cooked dinner:)
Then it was firework time! Everyone was so excited!
We did some sparklers first to get things started
then it was time for the OPENING CEREMONIES!!!
Yeah, it was dramatic:) But hey, we had more tricks up our sleeves. Here's the loot (complete with white trash "garage" mattress. Hey, we live in Everett, it's acceptable)
The kids learned how to light fireworks themselves this year! (I hear my mom's voice in my head right now:)
safety first:)
They got pretty good at it
my cute boys enjoyed blowing stuff up. They both had this glimmer in thier eye:)
by the end of the night, it was gettin a little rowdy
except Magnus, he was getting sleepy:)
We got some good fountains in there
then it became more of a spectator sport
and for the finally!!
After sleeping till almost 10 we decided to go to breakfast in our jammies!
the kids got yummy hot chocolate!
I've never seen anyone eat pancakes with a spoon!
Leave it to Max:)
and the sun came out in the afternoon! (gasp!) At least I think that's what it was, I've forgotten what it looks like! So we spent time out on the deck. The kids got to play with this
I think more of it ended up on the floor that anything else (I hear my mom's voice again!) I kid you not Mina said "this stuff is messy, Nani wouldn't like it!" Ha!
and John and Nubi tried to work out some of their issues
all in all a busy, relaxing, enjoyable weekend! Love my friends and family! We're ready for the dog days of summer!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Cute pics! Do you remember that Daddy bought the boys Moon Sand the summer we were up there? And Mama cursed him for it and vowed that stuff would never again be in her presence! That is funny that Mina knew Nani hated it!