Friday, July 9, 2010

Fun in the Sun! (FINALLY!)

So I wish I could've posted this like a month or so ago, but the weather was NOT cooperating. We FINALLY got some summer around here and this is what we've done with it so far:)  Tuesday we went to a fun park with my Woman's group. It was out of this world:)
I thought this UFO was so cool (especially since we are doing a "space" theme for the boys room) Although it kinda loses some of it's "other worldliness"  when you have a Subaru and parking signs in the background!:)
and we saw a beautiful butterfly!
The kids had fun playing together
and Max made a new friend
We don't know his name, but we know he is 3 years old, has toys, and Max wants to know when we can go play at his house:) and later that night Max got something for his "new" room!
His loft bed! Nothing else in the room is done yet, but we have this piece. (anyone who wants a used pirate bed please see our add on craigslist:) they liked that they could reach the ceiling, way cool!
I'm glad you like your new bed, buddy:)
Wednesday we went to the beach with my awesome friend Rene'! She hadn't gotten to meet Magnus yet!
She had the cutest little frog for him to "snuggle" (which, for Magnus, means eat:)
He liked Molly!
We had a picnic lunch
and then played for a bit
Mina played Ariel
and Max did this
Magnus put his feet in the sand
We had SOO much fun! thank you Rene' and family for such a fun day! And if that wasn't enough fun for one week, we went to my friend Lilly's house today! She made us lunch and put out the kiddie pools!  Mina found some rollerskates!
not quite as cute on you buddy!
In case your wondering why Max is only in a swim diaper, I TOTALLY forgot to bring swimsuits for our fun filled pool playday, -mommy fail- you're lucky Lilly had one on hand or these pictures would NOT have been suitable for this blog!  Magnus hung out at the table with us
and here
and there
Later a good ol fashioned water fight insued!
Summer has officially begun!
Lilly got some snuggle time:)
and Max found this in the garage!
already scoring the chicks in his new ride!
OH MAN! I'm not sure how I pulled him away from that, I think a promise of going to grandma's for dinner helped:) Max said "I want to stay here forever!" I love my little passionate man! Hubby and I had a great date night shopping and hanging out! I love my man! We'll see where this weekends adventures take us!


3 comments:

Valerie said...

Fun! I'm sure Max loves his new bed! (You will HATE trying to chance the sheets...ugh!) Wish we could do fun summer stuff with y'all!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

OK, that spaceship thingy? Awesome! Bubbalu is in a MAJOR space ship/space travel phase. He'd LOVE that thing. I'm trying to figure out how to bring some spacey stuff into his bedroom too.

Enjoy the sunshine today!

Smile said...

Haven't been here in a long time! Love the pictures. Lilly's girls are getting so big now -- I feel bad that I haven't seen her in ages even though she's my neighbor. I haven't even met Magnus yet :(

By the way, stop posting pictures of yummy pancakes. I have major pancake weakness issues ;)