Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gone but not forgotten

Well this post is celebrating the life of such a wonderful friend. We sent Nubi to his eternal rest today. I know you are now at peace, but I miss you. I miss you sitting on my lap and cuddling on the couch. And your super loud snoring and snorting. I not only was used to it, but it was comforting. I remember when we first got you. You were our first baby.
Some early pics...
This one was labled Mom & Son:)

And what a good sport you were at dressing up for Halloween!

I think one of my favorites is when you were an understudy for the Blue Man Group! We spray painted you blue and everyone who petted you got blue on their hands!
I just wish we had gotten pictures of your Elvis and Hulk costumes!  And you loved to eat!
 You helped welcome 3 precious people into our family!
Such a handsome boy!
 who put up with a lot

 and was well loved.

You and John had a complicated relationship.

but there was always love.

I still can't believe you're gone.  You were such a good boy and we will miss you everyday!


5 comments:

Valerie said...

So Sweet.

Mamas said...

Sad! It was a hard (but the best) decision when we had to put Auggie down too...How the kids holding up?

Misha Hann said...

What a sweet tribute for a sweet pup...he'll be missed. It always hurts to lose a family member. Makes me want to feed our cat tuna every day =)

Heather said...

Oh Ande, I'm crying! : ( What a sweet, sweet post. Loved looking back at all the costumes... that's how I'll always remember Nubi. We still have a picture of him attacking Chad in our living room. Aidan likes to point at it and sign "dog." So he'll be remembered in our house too!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, Ande! I'm sorry for all of you. I had hoped for a different outcome.