Saturday, May 9, 2009

Perfect Pod Par-tay

My good friend Heather's "little" "baby" turned one!(well in a few days) but the party was today at their house in Olympia. We had a nice drive on a BEAUTIFUL day:) Heather had everything all done up in animal theme
Don't you LOVE the cupcake holder? She MADE it:) I need one. If I ever catch up on projects...
The spreadPlenty of kid fare (good job Heather:)John enjoyed the sunshine. And the beverages:)
and the moment you've all been waiting for......the BIRTHDAY BOY!What a cutie! It was daddy's 30th birthday too, hence the shirt. (I don't think he normally goes around wearing a shirt with a 30 on it, although, you never know:)
Mina enjoyed watching Aidan (well actually Heather) open gifts:)Cute pic of Heather, at least SOMEONE enjoyed opening gifts (note the Pod makin' a break for it in the background:)
And, the piece de resistance....The Huskies Mohawk hat I made Aidan!
He rocks it! Even with a bottle! Now I'm making daddy a matching one (sorry, I should have done it for your bday Chad-belated gift k-:)
Birthday boy cupcakeDo you think Max liked the cupcakes?Hmmmm, I dunno. And Mina?
Max used this opportunity to brush up on some of his lines,"So ah, you come here often?"
And can you guess where Mina spent most of her time?Dino Chicken nuggies!
Then it was home to grill some steaks, relax on the deck, and hug a pug:)Thanks for inviting us Heather, we had a great time, and Happy birthday little Poding!:)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry I didn't properly introduce myself... I'm the harried mom that was chasing the almost-three-year-old around :) Love the pictures - wasn't it such a fun day?

The mohawk was too perfect! And I'm sure we'll see some great matching pics soon once Chad gets in on the action :)

Heather said...

Ahhh, perfect recap!!!! You got some great pics there! E-mail them to me if you get a chance... or I suppose I could steal them right off your blog! I tried to get pics of the kids and realized Mina and Max weren't on my camera AT ALL. : ( Why am I such a hater? haha But I knew you'd have some at least! Love Max hitting on Ava. heehee And the pic of Pod escaping. Too funny. So glad you guys made the loooonnnnggg drive down for just a few hours. It was great seeing you and I know Chad likes catching up with John. Thanks again for the hat, and I AM going to have Chad take a picture of me in my apron today! I was wearing it yesterday before people arrived, but Chad wasn't home to prove it! : ) You are so, so crafty!!

Oh, so the cupcake stand was 3 sets of cake rounds glued together, then wrapped in scrapbook paper and ribbon. I think I found the "columns" in between in the floral department (can't remember... I know they were white and not the green floral stuff, but I think they were near those). Wrapped those with ribbon and stuck pretty stick pins down the seam (although you should still glue them down too!). But I'm telling you, it was expensive. Maybe you can find the cake rounds somewhere else - online? I can measure and send you the dimensions too. It works good for those big Costco cupcakes too. : )

Krissy said...

Hi! I popped over from Heather's blog since she doesn't have her pics up -- looks like a perfect party!!

Carebear said...

Adorable recap. Followed the link here from Heahter's blog. I love that husky mohawk cap. I'm a UW alum and Husky fan myself. Boy would'nt my baby girl look funny in one of those! BTW, your kids are adorable, love the real mohawk and the pickup line, too funny!

Smile said...

She made that cupcake holder? Does she sell them? Does she teach people how the heck she makes them? I need info!!