Wednesday, June 17, 2009

DisneyMania!

Alright, here it is. The Disneyland post. We had SO much fun and I have SO many pictures I've been trying to figure out how to post it all without overwhelming everyone! But I'm just going to go for it until I get tired (which won't take long) and continue another day. So without further ado.....

We left Friday the 5th and the kids were both very excited to ride in the plane!:)I can't tell you how much that portable DVD player paid for itself in my sanity!!
Then we took a bus ride from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel!! The kids had a long day:)And guess who was working the front desk of the hotel?GOOFY!!It was a GREAT way to start the vacation and Max got his own autographed photo:)John got us a upgraded room (which I failed to take a picture of) We had a great view of the park and could see the fireworks at night from our room (which I also failed to take a picture of:( It was great! The first evening was spent hanging out at downtown Disney. Which for those who haven't been, it's like a nice outdoor mall. It was fun and we the kids got...Ice cream of course!And we had dinner at Tortilla Jo's. Yummy Mexican food:)
Max also got his first Taxi ride (with NO car seat!) to the local store to pick up some essentials.The next morning we were up at 6am! And ready to hit the park running. First up,Nemo! The kids both liked it. I remember the submarine ride as a kid, it was fun:)
Next was Dumbo of course. Again the kids loved it. Then Peter Pan, and Mr. Toad's wild ride!Alice in Wonderland per Mina's request.It was Mina's overall favorite ride:)And the ever popular It's a small World!Gotta love it! Let me pause here to say that I guess we went on graduation weekend because we waited in NO lines (at least on Saturday) we walked onto EVERYTHING it was SO awesome. We thought it was going to take us a least a couple of days to ride everything at Disney but we did it in ONE morning, CRAZY!
Then we went to Mickey's Toontown to go to Mickey and Minnie's houses and meet and take pictures. This was our first wait of 10min to see Mickey:)It was very cute, the kids just LOVED Mickey:)and Minnie too:)We didn't see any other characters there but I took a picture of Goofy's cute house:)We rode Gadgets Go Coaster (no pics, but Max really liked it! Mina was a different story:)
and Rodger Rabbits Car-toon spin!Next we walked through the famous Sleeping Beauty castleand onto (my personal favorite) Pirates of the Caribbean!Max was NOT a fan! (we rod a total of 3 times during the course of our 4 days at the park and by the end he was OK with it, but he still says it's "scary":)And another favorite, Haunted Mansion!No pictures of the inside because I was too busy trying to calm Max who also hated this ride! In fact our little hater didn't really like most of the rides because they are inside and dark:(
Next we took John to the Enchanted Tiki Room:)(like Duh!)and posed next to all the cool tikis!The kids really liked it too, they still sing the "tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki," song!We headed over to the jungle cruise and ran into Aladdin! Random, but OK:)Onto the good 'ol Jungle cuise. We all enjoyed this one, Even Max!Next John rode Indiana Jones (which he said is great) while I took the kids on Tarzan's treehouse.Mina really loved it! We climed up 1,000 stairs and then down 1,000 stairs! It was cool to play around though:)Mina was getting a litle sassySo we decided we had had enough and went back to the pool at our hotel for little R&R (which we did everyday and I HIGHLY recommend)The pool was great!For some reason John really had to coax them into the water!But fun was had by all:)
After freshening up we headed back tot he park for more fun!
Well that about sum up day one. I'll be back to post about day two soon:)

5 comments:

El Abuelo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Funny Farm said...

Very cool, guys! I loved all your pictures. -Rachel

Heather said...

I'm finally catching up on your Disney trip... love all the pics!! And looks like the kids did pretty darn good on everything. The plane, the bus, the rides. I agree with Max that the dark rides are kinda scary - I'm a hater too!!! Did YOU get to go on Indiana Jones? That was one of my favorites (even if it was dark). : ) Ok, time to read your Part Deux.

Heather said...

Oh yeah, and I loved John's peg-leg Pete poses at the Tiki room. heehee

Elizabeth said...

I'm smiling, finding it a little ironic that your little Pirate Max, didn't like the Pirates ride. Oh well, he is only two, after all. I'm sure most pirates were afraid of something when they were two. And hating is probably something pirates never really do outgrow. ;)