Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jetty Island

Oh Jetty Island why do I always make plans to hang out with you, hoping for a day sprawled out in the sun lazing the day away. And then when I get there, the sun is nowhere to be found! Oh well, we had fun anyway! A group of gal friends of mine with kids in tow, went to Jetty island this past Thursday and despite the not so perfect weather we had a great time! We all packed a little lunch, and the kids had a BLAST digging in the muddy sand!Max had sand EVERYWHERE!! And he loved having is best bud along:) Mina really enjoyed playing Ariel and Flounder with Stella:) I enjoyed the company of all my friends and our crazy kids! (and taking pictures of Maggie of course!) The tide was out REALLY far but we walked out and the kids got to "swim"Mina decided to try some "sand cake" Gross Mina!! Even though, for some reason the weather usually isn't that great when we go, we always have fun at this beach and the kids just love it. I hope to go once more before the season is over:) I still love you Jetty island, but maybe some sun next time?

2 comments:

Sarah H said...

Oh my gosh, LOVE the pic of Maggie!! Hilarious! :)

We really had a blast. Stella is still talking about it.

Grandma Sandy said...

Thanks for the pictures of Maggie & Stella :). Your pictures reminded me of childhood trips to Warm Beach, visiting my grandparents - the color of the sand, water, and sky.
(Sarah's mom)