Saturday, December 6, 2008

Birthday or Birthweek?

Well Today, in lieu of having a "party" this year we went with family to Red Robin (Mina's choice) to celebrate her birthday.The kids loved the fries!(of course)Actually I think Max loved the honey mustard and the fries were more of a method of application:)Max loves to dip!Like father like son:)Mina had never had people at a restaurant sing her happy birthday! I don't think she knew what to do!Grandma (of course) brought Mina a special birthday cake!Mina LOVED her presents!Auntie Lexi gave her a HUGE floor size princess coloring book. Thanks auntie Lexiand grandma gave her..........M-O-N-E-Y! Love you Grandma!Auntie Lyssa got her tickets to see Beauty and the Beast at Village Theater in Issaquah! How Fun!AND a cute Adidas outfit! Thank you auntie Lyssa!and just because you like to see pictures of the boy eating......
Tonight our Advent activity was to make our Advent wreath, even though it technically started LAST Sunday! (OOPS!)
the kids helped put the marbles in the candle holders, they had fun:)The finished product.....
Then it was wrestling time with Dada:)
What a great day! God is good!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I really like your advent wreath idea. I've looked for several years and never found what I'm looking for. Of course, what I'm looking for would be something similar to what we bought in Austria 25 years or so ago. I've sort of made my own but never been too thrilled with it.

RYC (on Caleb's blog): I got the harmonica at Bed, Bath and Beyond of all places and it was only $3. They had a display near the check out (at the Lynnwood one) of stocking stuffer type toys. And no, I didn't buy the last two. ;) The second one I got him is for his Christmas stocking and we'll keep in the car...I THINK.

Heather said...

Oh man, I'm craving the honey mustard dip now. I'm like Max... I simply use the fries to get more dip!! Yum!!!

I can't believe how the kids are growing up. I love the advent activities. You're such a creative hands-on mommy. Good job!