Thursday, March 26, 2009

New arrival!

Guess what came in the mail Tuesday....NEW KIDS!!
NOOOOOO! I didn't order new kids, what could it be?
A new dog?although we could use one, we love our stinky old one too much
AH HA!A new computer! YAY! Now it needs to be hooked up!:) Can't wait!
Who needs toys? Seriously, my kids played with a box full of peanuts and bubble wrap for hours!
They would have played even longer but we had to put it away for Parish group:)
This week, Esther organized a "Man cook off 2009!"
John brushed up on his skillzmakin' the famous Tom Douglas curried cashew salad with honey, sesame vinaigrette. Yummy!Arthur making his family recipe biscuits and gravy. It was quite tasty!Lyle made homemade lemon meringue pie! Very impressive!Tim's oven roasted chicken (it sounds like a restaurant chain!) was my second favorite.and I failed to get a picture of TV with the yummy lasagna he made:( I'VE never even made lasagna! Nice job dude!
And the winner is.........Nice job honey! I knew you were as good as I thought you were!
$15 Starbucks gift card! (Nice prize Tanders! Thanks!)
It was fun, good sportsmanship all around. There were only a few incidents of vote buying!:)

1 comment:

Smile said...

That's hilarious! Those dads are such great cooks -- I'm in for tasting next time!