Friday, November 28, 2008

Holy leftovers Batman!!

We had a great Turkey day!! We started the festivities Wednesday (you know how we like to celebrate early!) Grandma sent some Thanksgiving cards to the kids!
With Money in them!!
Thanks Grandma! We love you!
Then we went to Margie's to start prepping for the big meal!
John injected the Turkey with marinade
and I helped start on John's favorite part....... THE STUFFING!!
My poor mother in law broke her arm!!!!
So guess where Thanksgiving will be this year? Yup! My house! Well at least I had 24 hours notice!
Then we put together puzzles
Why does Max do puzzles with no shirt on? I dunno. He's mysterious:)
The next day was THE BIG FEAST!!
Here is the table all set and ready......
The guys put the turkey in the deep fryer.

It only took like an hour!! I was furiously cooking trying to keep up!!

I know it looks burnt, but the inside was PERFECT! Nice and juicy!
Good Job Honey!
Max opened the wine for us!
YUMMY!.....

Max LOVES Thanksgiving:)
"Mommy, I'm Sooooooo fuuullll."
Actually, I have room for this cupcake the size of my head!!

Max likes it
Do you want some?
The aftermath (with a random sewing machine on the table:)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Dang, those cupcakes were HUGE!!!! I actually overheard my two nephews talking to each other after lunch today, and one said, "Nana said you can't have your Reese's until you're done with your lunch." The other, "But I'm full!" The first, "Full enough that you can't eat a Reese's?" The honest truth: "No, of course not!" Busted!!

Whew, look at that turkey!! My mom made ham, which was so un-Thanksgiving-like. But with only 4 adults and 2 vegetarian kids, there wasn't really a point.