Monday, November 3, 2008

Massacre on Glenwood Ave

Alright I'll start from the beginning.
I decided to get the carpet cleaner out and clean the pumpkin butter stains out of the carpet while John was gone to a meeting this afternoon.. (apparently giving a pug a piece of toast slathered in pumpkin butter and chasing him around the house is quite amusing!)
My sweet Hubby called to say hi on his way home and once I turned off that noisy carpet cleaner I realized the kids were being WAAYY too quiet. When I went to inspect, this is what I found......

Reee, reee, reeee (that's the way the horror movie music looks when it's written out)

"I'm sorry we used your lipstick mommy" Mina said.
"honey, that's NOT lipstick, it's nail polish!!"
This is after half a dozen baby wipes. You should have seen him, he looked like the Joker!! But my first instinct when I saw my son with red stuff seeping out of his mouth was NOT to grab the camera as you can imagine:)

Would this cute little boy be capable of making this mess?

How about this one?

On a happy note I have since found out (from poison control) that nail polish is non toxic. And most of the polish on the carpet came out with a little trim:) Except one spot (any ideas?) which I have since placed Mina's rug over.
I am happy to report that the only thing red at my house now is hinies:)
That's what I get for trying to clean the carpet. What was I thinking?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Freaky!!!!

Ahhh, the poor baby hinies. Too bad in our house, I'M the one who's made the biggest carpet messes... you'd think it would've at least been the cats. A whole paint can in our bedroom, which is still crusty and right by the doorway. And a pitcher of iced tea in the office, now under a rug. : )

Good work, Mina and Max!!! I'm sure MY baby will NEVER do such mischievious things!

Elizabeth said...

Oooh, Ande! I'm so sorry. How absolutely exasperating. Oh, and I love your horror music spelling...made me lol!