Monday, October 27, 2008

What the...

OK most of you know that I love to make homemade bread. I don't even buy loaf bread at the store anymore. So this morning I threw everything into the bread maker and headed out with the kids to the library. I arrived home to the wonderful smell of fresh baked bread and went to pull my new loaf out to make sandwiches for lunch, and this is what I found.....

I don't even know what happened! Oh well were eating it anyway, I don't care, It still tastes good. Besides the kids don't care, it's all going the same place anyway!

Note Mina's new abacus in the background that I found at "un"Value Village. I know I go off a lot about how overpriced Value Village is but the truth is I DO find some good reasonably priced things there too. That abacus was only $2! Still I will never get over how much they charge for used clothing. Geez!

Here's what John and I had for lunch.... Thanks again for the recipe Esther!

It really tastes better than it looks I promise!

Bottoms up!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Ok, I get it now... "un" Value. I was so confused, but didn't want to ask (for fear of showing my stupidity... which, I guess I showed anyway!). Yeah, I never understand why they're kind of expensive! ANd GOodwill too! I went to both places trying to find sheets for togas for a play at school, and spent a fortune! Anyway, cool you actually got something cheap!

Whoa, your bread turned out crazy!! And what the heck is in that drink? How'd it taste? Better than it looked, I hope!

Rene' said...

So it looks like liquid salad? I am curious, what is it?

Ande said...

I'll call it the Vandersmoothie. I think Esther just made it up, but it's lots o' spinach (so we can be strong to the finish)orange juice, ground flax seed and blueberries. I think she puts a few kinds of fruit in hers but I'm fine with just blueberries. It's pretty tasty and surprisingly filling. So don't drink it right before doing yoga (Blach!)

Heather said...

Hey, if I didn't come back here to write another comment, I would've missed your reply! I wish Blogger would notify people if the "owner" writes something! I guess I could click to have all responses sent to me, but I did that once and got a million e-mails in my inbox!

Anyway, the drink sounds, um, tasty. Yeah, tasty. That's it.

Steal away, survey stealer!! : ) I would NEVER care if you copy something I write, even word for word! ANd it's rare I have a stroke of genuis with a survey anyway, so I'll take it as a compliment!